While there are many aspects to consider when searching for a new apartment, the noise level of the neighborhood is often the most overlooked and difficult to answer. Yet, anyone that has lived in a noisy area will tell you how annoying it is to be unable to sleep at night due to a passing train. Or what it is like to have someone throw up in your front yard in the middle of the night.
The Noise Index is influenced by leveraging several factors, including:
- Current construction activity
- The proximity of restaurants, bars and clubs
- The concentration of commercial activity within an area
- The amount of traffic nearby roads receive
- The proximity of major transportation routes such as highways, railroads, and public transit